In a nutshell…
Here, I share my life experiments, experience, musings and epiphanies on: maximizing lifestyle, creating success, rebooting from failure, Staying healthy and fit, giving back, and engaging in spontaneous and sometimes hilarious adventures. I’m a simple guy trying to make the most out of life. I just love life, being creative, and helping people. I am a full time analyst, part-time entrepreneur, and occasional writer. I am a Virginian. I believe everyday is an opportunity to learn and create a life built around God, community service, and good manners…I called it living Southern Bold & Proper.
I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions. ― Zora Neale Hurston
3 things about me…
- I grew up believing there were no limitations, only mountains you climb and cautiously descend.
- I research, adapt and implement projects fairly quickly, and I never give up too soon.
- I love to help people reach their goals.
- I am passionate about languages I’m proficient in Spanish (intermediate), and French (intermediate).
- I like warm weather–favorite seasons are spring and autumn.
- My favorite Football Team is the Baltimore Ravens.
- My favorite Collegiate Team is anything Virginia Tech Hokies.
- I serve on the Roanoke VT Alumni Board.
- I serve on the Mill Mountain Zoo Board.
- I always order iced tea half and half.
- I currently live in Salem, Virginia, but I’m a “Roanoker” at heart.
While many of us think of ourselves as humans searching for a spiritual awakening, I see myself as a spiritual being attempting to cope with a human experience. When I learned to see myself from the perspective of the spirit within, it helped me to figure out what I am most passionate about at this present moment in time. When we discover our personal missions, we feel its demand. It fills us with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it. You learn not to necessarily go along with the crowd and success is not rightly measured by the worldly standards of wealth, prestige and power. None of these bestow happiness unless they are rightly used. To use them rightly one must possess wisdom and love for God and humanity. That is what I strive for daily.
Above all, I’ve learned to walk with God. Over the course of my life thus far, I have lost three of my closest friends. First, my grandmother who passed from Alzhiemer’s and meant the world to me. Second, one friend committed suicide when I was in my teens. Most recently I lost another in friend in the Virginia Tech Shootings. I don’t mean to bring this up for pity sake; its quite the opposite. What I’ve learn is this life is finite and we should be focusing our energy on what we were meant to do or what you are most passionate about in the present.
My Life Purpose
So, it is interesting the impact that a dream can have. I hold them in high regard. I had been meditating on this particular question. Then one night I had a dream. In this dream, I was approached by a stranger who told that my life’s purpose is to “cultivate leadership and create cultural, social, and emotional prosperity in others”. Sounds really profound… How will I do that?…..I’m not quite sure yet. I’m just human.
See How It Plays Out Below